High degree of automation results in 25 % higher efficiency
13 July 2016
A sophisticated production system: injection molding with various metal inserts and downstream in-line quality checks for flashing to ensure the seal is good. POLYTEC PLASTICS trusts in the system competence of KraussMaffei and enjoys a 25 percent increase in efficiency.
POLYTEC PLASTICS is a company of the globally acting POLYTEC GROUP, developer and manufacturer of premium quality plastic components for the automotive industry.
At the location in Lohne in Lower Saxony/Germany, another production cell was needed for manufacturing oil pans, but a significantly higher productivity was desired compared to their existing system. Therefore, the requirements specifications asked for a high degree of automation combined with low space requirements and robust processes. Accordingly, the KraussMaffei project team collaborated with the customer to develop the process.
- Different inserts
- In-line quality checks for flashing
- High proportion of automation
- Low space requirements
- High flexibility
- Feed, storage and provision by IR
- Insertion by LRX-1000
- Modular adaptable production system
- In-line camera examination by IR
- 100% check of all components
- Conveyor belt with cooling section
- Up to 3 hours autonomous operation
- 96% availability
- 25% more efficient
- Optimum use of the production floor
- Flexible system solution
- Short set-up times