SOMOS® Stationary Granulate Dryer RDF
27 November 2019
The SOMOS® RDF dryer is used for drying hygroscopic plastic granules. It consists of space-optimized, flexibly combinable and independently operable RDF modules with drying capacities per module from 10 kg/h to 250 kg/h.
The SOMOS® RDF dryer is used for drying hygroscopic plastic granules. It consists of space-optimized, flexibly combinable and independently operable RDF modules with drying capacities per module of 10 kg/h to 250 kg/h.
Space-saving - Flexible - Cost-reducing
- Maximum drying performance in the smallest possible space thanks to the minimized width of all RDF individual modules.
- Demand-driven operation through 7 sizes, flexible and modularly stackable for different throughput capacities.
- Minimum operating costs, as the modules only provide the required amount of dry air.
- Maximum operational reliability and reliability. If one RDF module fails, the production process is guaranteed by the function of the remaining modules.
- Minimized assembly costs due to the elimination of forward and return air piping.
- Minimal service costs thanks to air filters that are accessible from the front without the use of tools.
- Safe operation thanks to integrated protective functions and material conveying with dry air to the processing machine.
- Stationary units consisting of a dry air generator and a high-quality, insulated stainless steel drying container.
- Specially developed a single chamber drying unit for bidirectional operation (drying and regeneration).
- Intuitively operable SPS-based, industry 4.0-capable control with material database for up to 200 recipes and generous touch display.
- Energy-saving functions Super-SOMOS® and ALAV (automatic control of the regeneration frequency and adaptive energy input depending on the degree of humidity of the material to be dried & automatic load adjustment procedure for an optimal adjustment of the air volume to the material throughput).
- Hinged cover with adaptation for mounting SOMOS® FG200 series conveyors.
Discharging material with dry air
The already dried material is transported to the processing machine by means of dry air.
Drying at high temperature
Additional return air cooler for drying temperatures up to 180°C.
Drying with low temperature
Additional pre-air cooler for drying temperatures up to 40°C.
Dew point measurement
Dew point measuring device incl. tubing and wiring for permanent monitoring of the dew point.
Filter pre air
Ultra-fine pre-air filter incl. piping.
Level measurement drying tank
Mounting set for level measurement in the drying container.
Air conditioning switch cabinet
Additional air conditioning for special environmental requirements.
Connection to supply voltages deviating from a standard
Additional transformers allow the electrical connection to supply voltages deviating from the standard 3~400VAC/50Hz.
Central system operation
Displays and controls all connected modules via a central touch display.
- suction boxes
- exhaust manifold
- Adapter pipe pieces and dummy plugs